Author: admin

Report: 15 000 foreigners fight for the is

Report: 15 000 foreigners fight for the is

UN warns 15,000 men and women have moved to the two countries to fight for terrorists or other extremist groups, report says. In the besieged northern syrian city of kobane, at least 21 IS fighters were killed in air strikes by the USA and its allies.

The british daily "guardian" quoted from the UN report that the foreign fighters in iraq and syria came from 80 countries. "The numbers since 2010 now exceed by several times the total of foreign terrorist fighters between 1990 and 2010 – and continue to grow," the united nations paper said.

A list of the countries from which the jihadists come is not given. But there are examples of athletes from france, russia and great britain. According to the federal office for the protection of the constitution, 450 mainly young people from germany have gone to syria and iraq to fight for extremists.

Continue reading

Why a 55-year-old from the coburg district wanted to kill his brother

Why a 55-year-old from the coburg district wanted to kill his brother

Attempted homicide: that was the charge against a 55-year-old man from coburg county. The man allegedly attacked his brother with a butcher knife in november 2017. On thursday, the defendant had to answer to the coburg regional court. The defendant appeared in the trial as a joint plaintiff.

Ten witnesses and two experts

After the trial day with ten witnesses and two experts of the forensic psychiatry of the district hospital bayreuth, one thing is clear above all: the relationship of the brothers is not the best one. Several times in the past there are said to have been verbal and physical altercations. The family dispute had been smoldering for years. The dispute reached its climax in november of last year.

Massive alcohol consumption

Despite the bad behavior, the victim wanted to help his brother and drive him to the district hospital obermain in kutzenberg. The defendant was to be treated there for his mental illness and his alcohol consumption. After the death of his mother, the 55-year-old man felt worse and worse. "There was not a day when he was wet", said the accused.

Continue reading

This is how coburg’s cab drivers are suffering from the corona crisis

this is how coburg's cab drivers are suffering from the corona crisis

Coburg’s cab drivers could hook the tinderboxes. Since the mabnahmen were imposed, which are supposed to prevent the corona virus from spreading, hardly anyone gets in anymore. But the cab drivers don’t want to simply stop driving and wait for things to get back to normal. "We have joined forces and want to ensure that a cab is available 24 hours a day," confirms michael hollein, says michael hollein on behalf of his colleagues.

Duty goods lifted

In fact, there is such a thing as a provision obligation. This means that the companies are committed to ensuring a seamless supply. But the city of coburg does not insist on this obligation. "We have been offered to waive it", confirms michael hollein. But that was out of the question for him and a large number of his colleagues. "We have joined forces and take turns on the night shift, for example, explains michael hollein. That is, only one company keeps a cab ready. Everyone else is switching their phones to this company. In fact, one vehicle is enough so far. "It goes over all kinds of trips, they have decreased by 90 percent", says mehmet yilmaz. He has therefore deregistered several vehicles with his company’s insurance company. A special regulation for the industry. The vehicles are not registered with the registration office, but only with the insurance company for the time when they are not being used. A chance to achieve at least a small saving on the cost side.

Theater, cinema, pubs, restaurants – all closed. Anything that required cabs to get there and back is just falling away. Even transportation for health care is hardly in demand. Cabs are called – and paid for by health insurance – when patients need to go to surgery, dialysis, chemotherapy. But also in this area many things have been postponed to keep hospital beds free in case the pandemic suddenly spreads. Since vacations are not possible, no one wants to book a transfer to the airport.

Continue reading

A farewell exhibition

Gertrud glossner-moschk

bamberg without americans? Several generations of burgers can not (yet) imagine this. And yet it will happen. On 12. September after almost 70 years the american soldiers leave bamberg and the u.S. Army closes its garrison.
No sooner are the gis gone than they are a case for rough exhibition: from the 5. Until 27. September, the people of bamberg were allowed to reminisce – and get a little sentimental in the process. The karstadt department store shows 314 photographs from old and new times and a rough number of "souvenirs" on all five floors to the americans. The title is: "american forces in bamberg – photographs from seven decades".

Exhibits from seven decades

There are five proven connoisseurs of the u.S. Garrison who contribute photos and exhibits and who have come together for this joint project: the FT photographers ronald rinklef and harald rieger, the deputy press officer of the bamberg u.S. Garrison, simon hupfer, as well as the long-time u.S. Employee and passionate collector manuela B. Harris and helmut weis. They present items from almost 70 years of U.S. Garrison, including real curiosities that they have saved from oblivion.
Journalist and photographer harald rieger, who has been a freelance contributor to the FT’s local editorial team for many years, has visited the bamberger u.S. Barracks countless times in the recent past and has illuminated and documented all aspects of life and work there, including the return of u.S. Soldiers from the iraq war and reunions with their families, military parades, sporting events, the beauty of the landscape around engineer lake, and much more. It is also documented how the americans once presented a tank as "nikolaus" to the americans dressed up and another time, it was 1982, helped the people of bamberg to clear the snow-covered streets of snow and ice.
In its early days, a highly acclaimed series by rieger entitled "life in the barracks" was been overwritten. In his reportages from the military and above all civilian life of the americans a fulle of pictorial material "jumped out". On the occasion of the departure, he will now present it to the public.
Rieger would also not be averse to making his photos available to a permanent garrison museum, which is currently being discussed in the city – but for which the "small change" is still lacking at the moment missing. The same willingness to keep the memory of the history of the americans in bamberg alive with photos, documents and exhibits – preferably permanently in a museum – is brought by ronald rinklef, manuela B. Harris, helmut weis and simon hupfer with.
But a museum is still a dream of the future. Still it heibt first of all to be content with a department store. And it’s really not the worst exhibition venue: to get the daily visitor frequency of several thousand people that the karstadt-haus in bamberg has to cope with, a museum would have to be open for weeks, if not months.

Continue reading

More and more credit institutions are charging penal interest rates

More and more credit institutions are charging penal interest rates

Negative interest rates at the start of the new year: according to data from the internet portal verivox, at least 16 institutions, mainly volksbanken and savings banks, have introduced negative interest rates for investments by private customers or increased existing penalty interest rates in the first weeks of 2020.

"The force of the negative interest rate wave has once again increased significantly this year," said oliver maier, managing director of verivox finanzvergleich gmbh.

Maier pointed out that the introduction will initially apply only to new customers. If a bank wants to charge penalty interest to existing customers, it must agree this individually with the customers concerned.

Continue reading

False suspicions come to light

False suspicions come to light

The trial against a part-time stewardess was stopped shortly after it began at the local court on monday: the 48-year-old will pay a fine of 2,000 euros for an offense on the ground, and the case was "canceled" for the court after ten minutes, as it is called in air traffic. The proceedings were discontinued.

Professional disadvantages
According to lawyer klaus spiegel, a conviction in the criminal register meant considerable inconvenience and disadvantages for the woman professionally: since stewardesses are also subject to constant checks at airports and have to present their passports, they have to be able to get out of the country.

Accused was a case of false suspicion. The woman wanted to "attach" something to a hunter, who had fought in the open field with her former life companion, with a statement to the police. The two men got into a fight on a sunny april day around noon in the district of wurzburg, because the dog of the walker was not leashed. In the course of the confrontation, the hunter allegedly drove his jeep at the dog owner and killed him.

Continue reading

Dfb steamer in prestigious duel: netherlands takes revenge

Dfb steamer in prestigious duel: netherlands takes revenge

Hamburg (dpa) – what a steamer: with hanging heads, joachim low’s young national team players strode off the pitch, while the hollanders celebrated the successful revenge in high spirits.

Despite the collective energy performance demanded by the national coach, the german soccer team suffered a bitter 2:4 (1:0) defeat in the prestigious duel against the netherlands and is once again under pressure on its way to the european championship in 2020.

"Holland was the better team over 90 minutes, we deserved to lose," said low on RTL. "Although we were leading 1:0, you never had the feeling that we were in control of the game." He was "disappointed" because the team had played "below our technical capabilities". "The hollanders were able to press, we played high balls. That was not the understanding of the game that we actually want."

Continue reading

The right mix should bring it to bruckenau’s city forest

the right mix should bring it to bruckenau's city forest

The schafberg above the industrial area, a forest stucco called gansrain. This is the "playground by joachim manke and birgit badde. The two employees of the forestry administration rupboden have been taking care of the city forest since july – and in the past few days they have dropped a lot of trees at the gansrain. "Normal thinning", manke calls it.

But that is not all. The gansrain is a good example of how the town forest of bad bruckenau is being made fit for the future. In september, manke and his colleague badde marked the trees that were to be removed. Afterwards, employees of the forestry company kohl from riedenberg jerked off with a machine called a harvester.

They "reaped the trees, as it is called in the jargon, freed from branches and roots "ruckten from the forest to the forest road. There they lie stacked now. The forest stand in which they stood is now adorned with many tree stumps. Only a few of the spruces seem to have remained standing.

Continue reading

Horror accident in macao: german pilot florsch but okay

Horror accident in macao: german pilot florsch but okay  

Sophia florsch racing driver sophia florsch in november 2017 in berlin at the "golden steering wheel" award ceremony. Britta pedersen

The spectators are breathless, in the pit lane there is sheer horror: 17-year-old german junior racer sophia florsch has suffered a serious accident on the narrow and dangerous street circuit of macao.

The images of her race car taking off at well over 250 kilometers per hour and crashing unbraked through the safety fences several meters high into the crash barriers on sunday suggest the worst.

Continue reading

Police shoot armed man on market place

Police shoot armed man on market place

"It was clearly a self-defense situation," a spokesman for the police headquarters in heidelberg told the dpa news agency.

The man had lived alone in the town center of wiesloch. In recent months, the man had come to the attention of the police with several incidents, including bodily injuries: once he had kicked in a neighbor’s door during an argument, and another time he had gone on the rampage in a local pub. Neighbors told the police that the man had become more and more aggressive.

The shot from the police weapon hit the man at close range. He died still on the market place. A postmortem examination of the body should provide more detailed information. Baden-wurttemberg’s interior minister reinhold gall (SPD) initially refused to comment on the incident.

Continue reading